Technology is all around us, but well-integrated technology solutions are not. These integrations have now become incredibly important as they both help us come together and help us keep a safe distance. We’ve seen the rise of voice assistance, biometrics, identification techniques, and security integrations, but in the end what make these an advancement is not the technology by itself but the experience with it. All of this relies on a well-integrated, reliable, technology backbone.
- It can affect the entrance Experience using voice, face, and presence detectors
- It can mean customized apps and services that are technology-based
- Integration of touchless technology
- The design of the network and underlying infrastructure
- Increasing digital infrastructure to accommodate more hotel and remote workers
- Incorporation of UV lighting strategies as a disinfectant is showing increasing results in centralized and decentralized applications for removing pathogens from air and surfaces
- Lighting Controls ranging from simple occupancy sensors to automated programming and mobile based applications with pre-programmed lighting scenes offer wide ranging possibilities for touchless technologies.
- Positive psychological effects on the perceptions of cleanliness can be supported with incorporation of cooler, crisper, brighter lighting strategies in high touch, high use areas.
- Daylight, which supports a strong immune system through Vitamin D production, is antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral properties while providing a host of physiological, neurological and psychological benefits.
- Circadian lighting enhances a strongly entrained circadian system, which has a whole host of benefits: improved alertness and sleep cycles; improved immune function; reduced risk of certain kinds of illnesses, and improved mental health.