The Craft Training Center
The Craft Training Center is a new, Aurora based, training facility developing world class construction talent.
The new center, designed by Davis Partnership Architects and constructed by FCI Constructors, is a state of the art teaching facility sited on 11 acres. The multiple building complex includes:
- A 27,000 sf office administration building housing: reception, conference rooms, offices, training / management classrooms, a kitchen and large cafeteria/dining room with exterior seating area.
- Five pre-engineered metal buildings totaling 27,930 sf, contain individual training labs for structural, electrical, welding, millwright and pipe fitting.
- Generous common areas for interaction and learning outside of the classroom.
- A large training yard for exterior construction mockups, crane obstacle courses, concrete foundation layout and steel frame erection sites.
- Material storage areas, racks and recycling.
The administration building sets the first impression for the facility with its exposed steel frame truss elements, masonry veneer and storefront glazing. The reception and central bay bisect the length of the building and act as the spine, organizing the building to create a clear path of circulation, and featuring a higher level of detailing that connects the design to the Owner’s industrial roots. Pre-engineered metal buildings housing the training labs complete the campus with consistent use of exterior paneling on all buildings. Each building is placed to enhance the adjacent buildings and creates protected outdoor areas with a campus quadrangle feel.
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture